Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Housekeeping Book Pt 7- Wish List

I've been thinking I should do one of these for some time. That's one of the things I like about this housekeeping book, it's some place to keep things like this so you can find them.

The idea of the Wish List is to make a list of the things you need or want to purchase. Then when you get the desire to buy something you add it to the list.

You prioritize your list and start working on being able to purchase the most important item. It's suppose to stop you from impulse buying. I suppose there are exceptions, like when you see a killer deal on something on the list.

I think for me, I don't go shopping a lot, it will encourage me to research and figure out what is the best product and where I can get the best deal. Right now a high priority is a mattress. I don't really have any extra money, but my mattress 20+ years old so I think I need to get a new one for my backs sake. I keep procrastinating because I don't know what kind I want, air or regular, or foam.

Anyway I've done my list and hopefully it will motivate me to do my research and not spend money on little things that I don't really need. I also like the idea of being able to write down those things I think I need on the list instead of saying I can't afford it.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment