Thursday, April 15, 2010

Housekeeping Book Pt 8- Master To Do List

So my idea of the Master To Do List is to list first all the maintenance jobs like having the roof cleaned of moss and dating when I last had it done. With less money I can't do everything every year now, so it will help me to see actually how long it's been.

After I listed all that stuff I listed chores that I need to do that are not on my weekly or daily lists. I can look at this list each week and pick a few things to do.

I can't decide how I want to handle the deep cleaning or zone chores. I degrease the kitchen fairly often but I would like to know when I last did it and I don't remember. If I could write on this list when I do a chore I could keep better track of these chores. I like checking things off of a list and I think I would do more deep cleaning if I had a check list for each room or a general list that could be use for every room. So I may add that on to this Master To Do List.

In addition to maintenance jobs and deep cleaning there are regular jobs that don't make it on to the daily or weekly lists, the monthly or one time jobs for instance, so those can be put on this list.

Checking this list would be part of my planning session on Sundays. I've never really liked these kinds of lists because they can get too long and too overwhelming. I'd rather wing it, so we will see how it goes. I'm making this list because I want to see what I'm really doing and not be in denial about what I'm not doing, but to be realistic and find solutions.

Linda

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment