Saturday, November 14, 2009

Photos of Children's Library















































The swag over the window is a tablecloth with lace fabric tacked up under it. This area is part of the hall area upstairs in between all the bedrooms. I have all my early American history books and collectibles here as well as other children's books from picture books to biographies of children's authors like Beatrix Potter. I also have a small collection of pioneer women books. I love this area. Early American is my favorite time in history to read. I also have books here of American history up to modern times. I think books about Reagan are the latest I go or maybe Bush senior. If I had room I'd have a lot more.








3 comments:

  1. I'd love to spend time in that room! I love children's books too. When I had more room I had quite a few. Love the illustrators like N.C. Wyeth, Jessie Wilcox, Eloise Wilkins, and of course Tasha Tudor. The history section would be fun to go through!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you use fabric as art, unapologetically ( is that a word?) hanging it to show off its beauty. That hallway was my favorite part of your charming home.

    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your patriotic collection is enviable!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete