Saturday, November 14, 2009

Photos of Children's Library















































The swag over the window is a tablecloth with lace fabric tacked up under it. This area is part of the hall area upstairs in between all the bedrooms. I have all my early American history books and collectibles here as well as other children's books from picture books to biographies of children's authors like Beatrix Potter. I also have a small collection of pioneer women books. I love this area. Early American is my favorite time in history to read. I also have books here of American history up to modern times. I think books about Reagan are the latest I go or maybe Bush senior. If I had room I'd have a lot more.








4 comments:

  1. I'd love to spend time in that room! I love children's books too. When I had more room I had quite a few. Love the illustrators like N.C. Wyeth, Jessie Wilcox, Eloise Wilkins, and of course Tasha Tudor. The history section would be fun to go through!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you use fabric as art, unapologetically ( is that a word?) hanging it to show off its beauty. That hallway was my favorite part of your charming home.

    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite corners of your home xoxo Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patriotic collection is enviable!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete